Planning a wedding is a huge project, with several pieces to manage. It’s easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed. You can find a ton of information on line, from vendors, budget planning, etiquette info, flower, DIY projects, and much more. It’s great to have so much information at our finger tips, but too much of a good thing can be overwhelming.
So, now that you have done some research and gathered info, what are you going to do with it? Probably several things, like keep information on vendors so that you can compare them; and call or email them to make an appointment. You will definitely want to share your ideas with your bridal party and with your vendors once you choose them. Of course, you also want to share info with your guests as well like your gift registry, wedding info, and other important information.
Using pen and paper for certain things are OK, but if that is your only method, you will end up with papers everywhere and it could get quite cumbersome. Luckily there are some great free and tools you can use to make your wedding planning easier. Here are some of my favorites:
• Trello- is a free project management software tool that will help you stay organized while planning your wedding. It uses electronic boards to help you manage your project. You can create a board for your wedding and then add cards to the board with lists for various tasks you are working on, or need to do. You can upload file attachments, create checklists, add due dates and much more! Also, you can add your friends and wedding team to your boards so they can help you with your to do list and give their feedback on your ideas. Get more info at www.trello.com.
• Evernote- As you are planning your wedding you see different things you like every day, or you see a picture of the perfect centerpiece, so you make a note to yourself. If you are anything like me, you have several notes all over, well Evernote gives you one place to store all of your notes, and have them accessible from anywhere, on all of your devices. They have a free basic plan, learn more at www.evernote.com
• Withjoy- This tool allows you to create a wedding website, manage RSVPs, share photos, create announcements, and more! Withjoy is free, learn more at www.withjoy.com
• Free Conference Call.com- This is a free conference call service, which you can use to set up a conference call for you and your bridal party, you and your vendors, or anyone else you need to speak to at the same time. Go to freeconferencecall.com and set up an account, and you will receive your own conference number. Share this with your wedding team and set up your conference call and send them an invitation and you are good to go. Sign up for your free account at www.freeconferencecall.com
• All Seated- This free tool lets you create seating charts for your wedding. You can even import your guest list from Excel, then assign tables based on your to-scale floor plan. You can also plan other wedding-related events, including your rehearsal dinner and day-after brunch, using that same master list. Bring your vision to life by viewing your floorplans and seating charts in 3D using AllSeated’s 3D magic tools! Get started at www.allseated.com
If you liked this post and would like even more help planning your wedding, sign up to receive FREE wedding planning advice and support. The 21 Day Wedding Planning Fix! is coming soon, and will allow you to easily plan your wedding in 21 Days without stress! Sign up to learn more and to be notified when we launch: